Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FiNgERnAils







My Grandma Ruszczyk always had the best nails; she used to spend hours soaking them in knox gelatin and wrapping them with coffee filters to make the strong. She then would let me paint them any color that I wanted. I was always so jealous of them, because since I was a child I have always chewed mine till the bled! HOW DISGUSTING!! Grandma used to buy me the nail polish that had a nasty tasted to it, even that did not work. Later in my life I tried acrylic nails, but they were to much of a hassle to keep up. Nothing would work until December 19, 2007 rolled around and I chipped a small sliver off one of my front teeth, nothing too bad, but off I go to the dentist to have my tooth bonded. Not knowing how I chipped it I decided that it was the whole nail biting thing. So on December 21, 2007 I gave it up. Here they are February 13, 2008. Finally at the age of … I did it!!! Wish Grandma could see them now. She would be sooooo proud!!

Mine are not quite as long as hers as you can see, and I don't spend hours on them, but I DID IT!

1 comment:

Gale said...

Your nails look great. I remember Grandma using the Knox. I have made countless attemps to stop biting my nails, must be like gall bladders, it's herditary.
I do know one thing, I am much happier when I bite my nails.