Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Makaki'i





My friend Char went to Hawaii for the SECOND time in October of "07", for my birthday this is what she brought me home to hang from my car's rearview mirror. Everyone who has got into my car since then has said "What is this thing?" or "It is so ugly it is cute!". LA Girl was the worst! But now she sends me text messages everytime she see's this "HEAD" as she calls it, hanging in a car in LA. So I had to do some research. It is a Ikaika Warrior Helmet also known as "Makaki'i. The Ikaika is used for good luck and to ward off evil spirits. So if you ever have a chance to go to Hawaii, pick yourself up one, it has worked for me... so far.... Or better yet if I ever have a chance to go to Hawaii I will pick one up for you. They do come in a variety of colors to match your car.

2 comments:

Amie said...

They are everywhere in LA! Maybe I should get one so I don't ever get in another accident. I just have to get to Hawaii first! It will be a sin if I don't go to Hawaii while I am in LA, I am just so close!

Amie said...

I saw another head today in Santa Monica!